Scenario: Sometime we need to uninstall a deployable package from the UAT or Production environment.
Below are the steps that need to be performed to uninstall a package.
- Create a deployable package using visual studio or Build server
- Do not extract the deployable package that is in ZIP folder (If you extract the zip folder you will face issue invalid HotfixInstallationInfo.xml file)
- Just open the deployable package zip folder
- Go to Deployable package zip folder -> AOS service -> Scripts folder
- create a text file name ‘ModuleToRemove’
- Write the module name to be removed in the the ModuleToRemove file
- If you have multiple models to remove then write mode name per line as below
- Note: In multiple models removing write the models name in sequence as per dependency sequence
- Go back to main zip folder and find the file HotfixInstallationInfo.xml ,copy the file to some other location and edit the file like below
- Edit the file should be same as above.
- Copy and replace the HotfixInstallationInfo.xml file in the deployable folder
- upload the file in the asset library and apply the package to the UAT environment first if applied successfully then apply to the production environment.
Please leave comments if you are facing any issue.